Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Notices & News)
Notices & News

AUD.DX 5 - 7 days is a lie DO NOT BELIEVE!!

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, February 5, 2014 8:01 PM Reply
    @GPERG
    I don't know what CNY has to do with an Australia-based operation when I presume stock is held in Australia.
    Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong
    It's well known that stock is not in AU, but it uses a direct transporting service, namely Toll.
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• nickbo Wednesday, February 5, 2014 10:36 PM Reply
    @GPBERG

So mate. Tell me where on this site it states. "All stock shipped from our warehouse in Australia". Nowhere. You have made an assumption which is clearly incorrect. That YOU think the letters au.dx means they have an operation in North Ryde is frankly your problem, not theirs.

Show me where it "promises" 3-7 working day delivery and the terms of the guarantee? You won't because it doesn't exist. Working day means business day. CNY is a national holiday that runs for a week. One way of getting a grip on what's happening here might be for you to set up a Chinese website with your command of Cantonese or Mandarin? Or do you arrogantly assume that a Chinese based merchant should have command of the English language as though they are here ? Don't like it? Pi$$'off and buy it from k mart. Then you'll have all you want in service guarantees. Too bad it will be half the range and half the price. The time may come when they say bugger it, dealing with Aussies is just too hard.

I note too that they have changed the badge to now read free express. Much smarter dx. Now they won't raise expectations but I wonder if that will stem the tide of rants.
    Posts(51) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by nickbo on 2/5/2014 at 10:39 PM
  • mrwizbang Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:06 AM Reply
    @Nickbo

I can see that CPERG ruffled your feathers regarding CNY but you are missing the point.
    DX is obviously targeting Australian shoppers by having an Australian "flavoured" site.
    That means that they need to cater for the Australian shopper regardless of who or where DX is located.

Misleading communication to your customers is a cardinal sin in marketing. Not informing people before hand (before they press submitt on an order) that things may be delayed because of CNY will be a problem especially when a site has touted its self as 5-7 days shipping.

Most of AUD's target audience wouldn't know that CNY lasts a week so where is AUD.dx.com's adjusting audience expecatations? "Expect delays during this period, sorry for any inconvenience"

The site has differentiated it's self from dx.com with the promise of speedier shipping to Australia, and they set the expectation with 5-7 days.
    http://sitescreens.woorank.com/aud.dx.com.ipad.png

Not business days, 5- 7 DAYS. If they can't manage 5-7 days then adjust the advertising or remove it (which they have, well done).

If you target a specific audience then you need to be able to deliver what that audience expects.

Regards Mark
    Posts(7) | Reviews | Tip post

• budyw Friday, February 7, 2014 7:43 AM Reply
    Exactly the same problem here. My order status has been 'PaymentConfirmed' for a week. No sign that they will ship my order soon. Very disappointed customer here. Hey, DX staff can you check my order??
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• nickbo Friday, February 7, 2014 7:54 AM Reply
    CNY = Chinese New Year (Of the Horse)

Means that the whole country shuts down with people travelling home to be with their loved ones. Not dissimilar to our (Western) Christmas/New Year period. I think they are back on monday.
    Posts(51) | Reviews | Tip post

• sukicai @DX Staff @DX Staff Friday, February 7, 2014 10:02 AM Reply
    Dear All,
    Sorry for all inconvenience caused for you during Chinese New Year holiday.
    Please don't worry about your orders as we back to work today.
    Our customer staff will follow up your parcels. If you have any other further question, please open the ticket service in the link below:
    https://cs.dx.com/Ticket/Index
    Thanks for your patience and kindly understanding.
    Posts(50) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 8 of 8
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Notices & News)
Notices & News

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere