Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Is this feasible/possible?

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 1, 2014 7:43 AM Reply
    None of them had next mode memory in the description or I wouldn't have bought them. They changed the description after I told Janmee that those lights had that annoying mode system after I bought them.

Why would they make lights with next mode memory? I can't think of a single thing it would be useful for. Is it just a cheaper way to have multiple modes?

I've been wanting a Uniquefire UF-K21 (not from here, which only has 1 mode) from that other site, but it has next mode memory, and it has 5 modes, so I crossed it off my list. I'll probably order it very soon now that I know how to fix it. :D

edit - added a k to 21
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12568) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 3/1/2014 at 9:02 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 1, 2014 7:47 AM Reply
    Products not as described, partial refunds due.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24949) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 1, 2014 8:42 AM Reply
    Why would they make lights with next mode memory?

I think someone (desolder?) explained they can save 2 cents by not including another component on the board.
    Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 1, 2014 9:01 AM Reply
    Products not as described, partial refunds due.

I hadn't heard that before. I'm probably gonna order some things I can't find elsewhere next week. It's the greatest time of the year. Tax refund time. :D

Btw, I couldn't wait any longer, and just ordered the UF-K21 I just mentioned. I'd like to order some cells from there but it seems like they're still having problems with shipping them.

edit - I'll have to look into that partial refund. It might make up the price difference with the other sites lower prices. Thanks for the heads up. :)
    Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 3/1/2014 at 9:07 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 1, 2014 9:07 AM Reply
    I thought they had started using Malaysia Post which accepted them OK.
    Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 1, 2014 9:49 PM Reply
    Yeah, Malaysia post is the only option for batteries there. I saw some complaints about it and tried a search for posts about it, but there's no "search" button to click after you enter the keywords, or I missed it somehow. I guess I'll have to start a thread there.

As to the partial refund here, I'd have to look through too many orders to find the ones those 3 lights were in. For the money involved (probably $1.00 for each) it isn't worth the effort.
    Ask them.

Page 3 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere