Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Eliminating Next Mode Memory in flashlights.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, February 27, 2017 11:02 PM Reply

To test tailcap current the (probably red) probe should be in the hole marked "A". (amps) The other hole should be marked "V" (volts) and is for testing voltages like batteries etc. 

My meter also has a hole marked uAmA which is for testing currents under 1 amp. 

You can use any metal object (paper clip etc) to make contact from the neg end of the cell to the end of the batt tube (where it's not anodized) and the light should work then. If not your batt/s may be dead. 

P.S. If your light has an electronic switch, (usually a side switch) you might need someone to turn it on while you hold the probes/paperclip or whatever in place. My lights that have electronic switches won't turn on without using the switch.

edit - typo

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12566) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 2/28/2017 at 3:30 AM
Page 4 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere