Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Wow! 20,000 posts.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 19, 2015 9:41 AM Reply
    That's weird. I just checked this thread > http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1428974?page=9 and sheepish's post count is back to 19,999.

I know it was exactly 20,000 when I started this thread. :O
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:41 AM Reply
    Oh poo, I had to log in to post this, which is (once again) my 20,000th post. And I had to reload this page, even though the top of the page displayed "Hi, sheepish {Logout}" meaning I was logged in. Poor coding means the page doesn't check if I have logged in since loading the page. Not a bug but it could be improved.

Thanks everyone. A few points:

Post Message... "Server is busy, please try again later."
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24951) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 19, 2015 3:52 PM Reply
    Good on ya sheepish! Keep them coming.
    Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 19, 2015 3:58 PM Reply
    Oh yeah. I got that error message and couldn't post the whole thing at once (grrr) so took a break for lunch and got distracted.

A few points:

* Only part of Congo is in the southern hemisphere. OK, most of it is south of the equator, but not all.
    * I cannot go straight to LAL's earliest posts page by typing 901 into the box and clicking GO. A bug!
    * LAL is sitting on a ridiculous 15.7 posts per day.
    * Believe it or not, when I started ~8.5 years ago I was pretty much just posting helpful stuff. Some of those posts were even "acknowledged" by Kyle. I miss Kyle.
    * Don't listen to those who say I never post helpful stuff. It's just their frustration talking. They'll get their piggy torch eventually.
    * I started posting just a handful of months after DX started. DX is not yet 9 years old.
    * I remember when DX did not include shipping in its prices.
    * I miss @flashin/@flasshin too.

I know it was exactly 20,000 when I started this thread. :O

Mwa ha ha. It's not every week I get to hit 20,000 twice. Thank you to our tireless mods for cleaning up after DX forum bugs.
    Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 19, 2015 10:24 PM Reply
    I cannot go straight to LAL's earliest posts page by typing 901 into the box and clicking GO. A bug!

I don't think that's worked since I started posting here. I remember asking about it at least 2 (probably more) years ago and was told it didn't work.

Do you know which of your posts was removed? Were you being mischievous? LOL
    Ask them.

• Nishant123 Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:52 PM Reply
    cannot go straight to LAL's earliest posts page by typing 901 into the box and clicking GO. A bug!
    901?
    Why 901?
    What is that?
    Real eyes realise real lies.
    Posts(833) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, September 20, 2015 12:40 AM Reply
    901 is the # of pages for LAL's posts.

Click on "Posts" in someone's reply and at the bottom left of the column, it shows the # of pages. Typing 901 in the box and clicking "Go" should take you to LAL's first page of posts. It's never worked as far as I know.
    Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, September 20, 2015 10:25 AM Reply
    I thought that the "jump to a certain page" bug had got fixed after a few months (long after we had given up on it ever being fixed).

Do you know which of your posts was removed? Were you being mischievous? LOL

{Cough.} Maybe. But that's incidental. In a recent thread I repeat posted because I got the message "Server is busy, please try again later." But the post was actually accepted all three times I tried. DX is weird. The person before me also appeared to have had the same problem, since their post also appeared three times.

Sigh. "You need to activate your account first."
    Remembering 30 years.

• Nishant123 Sunday, September 20, 2015 1:34 PM Reply
    Thanks gasbag ,got it.
    Doesn't work.
    Only redirects to latests posts page.
    Real eyes realise real lies.
    Posts(833) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere