Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Requests)
Product Requests

ButterFly Knives

• NoSol Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:02 AM Reply
    Have you ever used a butterfly knife?? I use then for practice, there are martial arts that have then in their curriculum, like wind chun kung fu and kali eskrima. A butterfly knife is A LOT HARDER to use than all those other knifes, have you ever used one of those knifes?? You can open then with a simple move of your hand, no effort need. Butterflies demand a way more complex and accurate movement in order to open it in a quick and safe way. And what about fixed blades? In your logic a meat knife is the most dangerous knife ever, you don´t even need to open it, and it´s probably sharper than any pocket knife.
    Posts(23) | Reviews | Tip post

• Mobile777 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:34 AM Reply
    There's a difference between using a knife for practicing martial arts and carrying it in clubs or schools and such. You cannot ignore the fact that most people get this knife for a specific purpose unlike other knives.

If you're smart enough to use it properly, then there's no problem at all. The problem begins with kids carrying a concealed knife that's very easy to open (with some practice). Of course a non-concealed knife can cause more damage but you're more likely to get caught with something like that. You can cause a lot of damage with a TV as well but it's less convenient to carry ;-)

There's a reason why they're banned in many countries and you probably already know this but choose to disagree which is fine by me.

To answer your question, I'm using my knives for projects and cutting stuff and NOT people. I can't see uses for this butterfly knife for daily work other than assault.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    - - - - - - - - -

• NoSol Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:51 AM Reply
    I totally agree that knifes are dangerous and I understand why countries have bans on them. I just think it´s unfair that DX stopped selling even to counties that allow those knifes and to people like me that use them properly.
    Plus I only use butterfly knifes when doing projects, cuttings wires and boards, just because I like them. And a folding knife is as concealable as a butterfly. Stopping kids and everyone from carrying anything that is dangerous is a matter of education and national security, not stopping stores all over the world from selling them.

• Mobile777 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:17 AM Reply
    Yeah well unfortunately most people who buy this knife are not as responsible as you... I doubt they will come back again, since they were removed for a specific reason so we'll just have to wait and see.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    - - - - - - - - -

• NoSol Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:23 AM Reply
    I guess you´re right, but it´s really a shame since the only sites that still sell them are really expensive...

• tripppp Monday, January 14, 2008 4:02 AM Reply
    About the usability of butterfly knives: A butterfly knife was used in a double homicide some years ago here in Sweden. The knife was found by the police some hours after the event. Since the knife didn't have a guard between the handle and the blade, the murderer had cut himself and left his own blood on the blade, along with the blood from both victims. However, the murderer hasn't been found. If he is part of any other investigation where his DNA is identified, he will be caught.

Bottom line: Buterfly knives seldomly have any guard between the handle and the blade. That makes them less usable for everyday use.
    Unofficial DX PILE MASTER!
    http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-208~threadid.135410
    Posts(1780) | Reviews | Tip post

• susann12 Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:25 PM Reply
    Show title:
    Dj Grandpa's Crib: The Cubicle Farm

Show Description:
    DJG greets Francisco Gaspari and Expressaló - The New Generation of Greeting Cards, hangs with Justin Fritz, the mapmaker for DUNGEON RAVENSTEIN, meets Michael Goldberg of StorkStand, and learns how to turn dirt into gold from Cody Harrison.

http://archive.org/download/dj-grandpa-logo600x/djg600x.png
    img src: http://archive.org/download/dj-grandpa-logo600x/djg600x.png

You can watch full Episode here:
    http://bedrockcommunications.blogspot.com/2014/06/dj-grandpas-crib-cubicle-farm.html#.U40v1jhOWr0
    You may also download full Episode from here:
    http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/archive.org/download/DjGrandpasCribTheCubicleFarm/DJG14060201_128kst.mp3
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Requests)
Product Requests

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere