Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Computer)
Computer

SATA/IDE Bilat Converter WORKS WITH SATA3?

• gdtrin Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:29 AM Reply
    I need to connect an HDD and a DVDRW IDE in a new motherboard that only have SATA3 (6Gb/s) ports. i need to know if any of this... SATA/IDE Bilateral Converter Board SKU: 57840... or any similar really works and detect my drives on a motherboard wirth SATA3 ports. Thx in advance.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:04 AM Reply
    Sata is backwards compatible, so even Sata I or II would work on a Sata III port.
    But like a chain a chain is as strong as the weakest link, you'll only receive speeds that the weakest link can achieve.
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• gdtrin Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:14 AM Reply
    Yeahhh im agree with that... but i readed on ebay that they dont work on SATA3 ports... so ill try to be sure before buy. Can you confirm me that they works? thx in advance
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Computer)
Computer

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere