Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Computer)
Computer

Android 4.1 Mini TV Player cannot install apk

• jalayon Sunday, August 25, 2013 9:00 AM Reply
    Hello, I bought the Android 4.1 Mini Google TV Player (SKU: 205043) and I am not able to install new applications.

Every apk I download I cannot install it. Is there a way to install ? By clicking on downloaded apks it does nothing.
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• rocksbury Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:14 AM Reply
    When using a micro sd card make sure your apk files are organized somewhat in a folder. In system settings you need to activate Install Unknown sources.
    You can also install from storage so try it out.
    Try installing through the card at first if that doesn't work try to download apps through the google play store.

I found out that because of the build version of android many apps aren't compatible, but that said the large majority of apps work no problem.
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• jalayon Sunday, September 1, 2013 5:01 PM Reply
    Thank you. Install from unknown sources is ticked.
    This device does not have google play or any other market inside. My first idea was to install Google Play apk. Having failed, I tried smaller apks with no success.
    It does not have SD card, might try with USB, but that is where I put the mouse. It has only one file browser app and download app. From there, there is no action when clicking an apk file (I expected to launch installer). When double clicking, it does select the file.
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• rocksbury Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:01 PM Reply
    Well I havent tested to many of these but from experience I would just plug a usb hub into it so you get additonal usb ports, throw a 2Gb micro sd in with some apk files, include another file manager. If you cant install i might look at changing the installed firmware you might resolve a few of your issues.
    If google play isn't installed i would of sent it back and tried another model just for the sake of security.
    Installing random apk files isnt always a good idea on devices like these.
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Computer)
Computer

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere