Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

Price displayed in AUD but charge in US dollar

• dragonrat Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:23 AM Reply
    Change currency to AU$, would assume the display to be in Australian dollar at checkout, but it was charged in US Dollar. Kind of misleading information on price, could DX please change this practice.
    If you want to charge in US Dollar, please mention so clearlyon the display and do not allow people to change current.
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:31 AM Reply
    It's always clearly mentioned in the FAQ, because currencies change continuously, they need to set their prices in a certain currency, and they've chosen USD for that. Prices in other currencies are only an indication for those who do not like working in USD.
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• leoburla Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:58 PM Reply
    Sorry Voriki. I am an old DX customer and this is not clear in AU Direct DX site (http://aud.dx.com). During the payment process they do not mention in which currency you will be charged.

• jpcw Monday, January 6, 2014 12:34 PM Reply
    I just puirchased a phone from the aud.dx.com website which showed the price as $182.99. As I was on the AUD site this presumably was the $AUD price. My credit card however has gone down by $214
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• AusDan2014 Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:54 AM Reply
    The non AUD site dx site shows "USD" on your orders near the dollar amounts. The aud.dx.com site does not - but it charges in USD.

At very top left of every page there is a header showing $ and americian flag (meaning USD) - all prices on aud.dx.com are in USD.

This is confusing because on non aud site (ie dx.com) you can pick which currency to show the prices in, but you can't do that on the aud.dx.com site... confusing.
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by AusDan2014 on 1/16/2014 at 9:56 AM
  • jpcw Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:29 AM Reply
    They literally just added that. Up until a few days ago the aud site didn't even have the us flag and had no indicator of what currency it was. At least this is an improvement of some sort.
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• aliew Monday, February 17, 2014 4:35 PM Reply
    I made an order on 2014-02-08 07:56:07 selected with the AUS-flag AU$ and it still charged me with US$ from my Paypal account. Apparently, the click-able flag-$ button is not functioning with Firefox 26.0 browser, I just tried and selected the UK-GBP and non-thing change in the price either. This is something DX should resolve quickly. Example, http://dx.com/s/248031. Dear DX please do stick the actual currency sign next to the actual price to avoid confusion.

• dmmmtd Saturday, March 22, 2014 1:34 PM Reply
    Yeah,very misleading. Did the same with my order but lucky, I noticed just before payment confirmation and cancelled the order. Won't be buying anything until aud.dx.com sort this out.

• kram66 Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:29 AM Reply
    No only that, when you pay with PayPal, their exchange rate is very poor, the current rate is 93.2, yet PayPal offer 88.8

«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere