Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

20 mm Driver Board for CREE XR-E 7.4 V-

• rndsgmxs53vf7 Tuesday, December 31, 2013 12:18 PM Reply
    Are there ever going to be 20 mm driver boards for this flash-light? Bought 2 of these a year or two ago. Great lights but the 2 x 18650 batteries destroy the driver board, and there simply are no spares. Are DX planning on providing more spares or do I just throw the flashlights away? I would not recommend anybody to buy one of these. Once the driver board fails, the torch is useless!!
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, January 5, 2014 6:57 PM Reply
    Since no one knows which flashlight you're talking about, no one can help you.

If you can't figure out where to ask, at least include an sku #.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12573) | Reviews | Tip post

• rndsgmxs53vf7 Monday, January 6, 2014 4:21 AM Reply
    There are no 20 mm driver boards, ie they are all sold out. It has been like this for the last year at least, and possibly longer. There are lots of 16.8 mm boards, but NO 20 mm boards.
    My experience has been that if you have a flashlight that uses 2 x 18650 batteries, the driver board will fail!! Since you can't get a spare driver board, the flashlight becomes useless.
    There are no numbers (sku #) stamped anywhere on the flashlight at all. The only thing I've got is the writing on the side of the flashlight: CREE XR-E Multi-Power 7.4V - 17 V and CREE Q2 LED Power 220 lumens
    Where do I find the sku #?

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, January 6, 2014 4:44 AM Reply
    If you bought the light here, the sku # will be on it's page. If not, try and find the exact same light here for the sku #.

If there are no 20mm drivers here, then an sku # won't help anyway.
    Ask them.

• rndsgmxs53vf7 Monday, January 6, 2014 4:58 AM Reply
    Will there ever be more 20 mm driver boards, or can I throw these flashlights in the rubbish bin?

Without a spare driver board they are useless to me.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, January 6, 2014 5:03 AM Reply
    I don't know if DX will get more, but there are other sites that sell them. Sorry but I'm not allowed to mention them.
    Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, January 6, 2014 5:16 AM Reply
    for this flash-light?

Are you also going to link to a photo of it on your own hard disk? :/

It's a product-specific question, so post a thread on the torch's own page.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24952) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere