Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

making the smallest light to fit into a rifle bore

• herbeapuce Friday, March 28, 2014 10:00 AM Reply
    Hi. I just bought a cheap bore scope for examining the inside of a rifle barrel.... but it's pitch black in there... so I need to make myself a very small light, something that would fit inside the chamber of my rifles... and it would have to be flexible...
    please do you know an easy way to do this ? what light bulb or led I should get plz ? the smallest plz...I can solder 26 ga wire no problem but I'm not to good with understanding complicated electronics boards, so the simpler the better...
    and it doesn't have to be very bright, aamaf dimmer would probably be better...

thanks
    stef
    Posts(49) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by herbeapuce on 3/28/2014 at 10:02 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, March 28, 2014 11:50 AM Reply
    I'd just use a 3mm LED on the end of a twin core wire.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24949) | Reviews | Tip post

• herbeapuce Friday, March 28, 2014 4:38 PM Reply
    OK thank you.
    but if I use something like this :
    http://www.dx.com/p/4800k-3mm-high-warm-white-light-leds-silver-30-pcs-151748#.UzU0P6hdV6E
    SKU: 151748

Do I need some kind of regulation for the power?
    will it work if I connect straight to a aaa battery

thanks
    stef

• matrix-neo Moderator Friday, March 28, 2014 6:11 PM Reply
    not with a AAA, too low voltage, that led needs 3-4v, but if you connected a lithium cell like CR2032 that would be fine
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, March 28, 2014 8:23 PM Reply
    I used to wedge a cleaning patch or small piece of white paper in the back of the chamber and shine a flashlight on it. The light would reflect into the barrel and I could see it good enough for cleaning. Have you tried that?
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12568) | Reviews | Tip post

• herbeapuce Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:42 AM Reply
    at Gasbag11, Yes I have tried this in the past. I have a mirror wedge that is designed for this, but is it not very practical with the bore-scope I got. Ideally a small light that I would be able to more up or down the chamber or barrel would work better with my bore-scope design
    thanks for your suggestion.

at Matrix-neo. thank you very much !
    stef

«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere