Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Stupid things.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, September 14, 2018 6:27 AM Reply

I don't know if this is a bad photoshopping or just somewhat tacky. The first image for sku.916602823 and the original image:

hes-a-happy-dreamer-picture-id502135571.jpg

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, September 14, 2018 10:16 AM Reply
    Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, October 27, 2018 9:48 AM Reply

There are stupid things in abundance on this site, but the reply to this thread has to be in the top ten five three easily. vv

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1485257 

edit - Obviously I meant the last sentence. vv

If you are in a hurry to get the goods, we suggest that we choose our courier service next time.

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 10/27/2018 at 9:59 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, October 27, 2018 12:23 PM Reply

DHL is in my Stupid List at the moment. Trained monkeys working for minimum wage, I guess. They treatened me for several days that they'll charge me if things take too long, but they take their sweet time answering emails, ignored direct questions about what I needed to do to move things along, and what with the weekend they still won't have delivered it more than a week after it arrived in the country.

In the last week I saw a post in a forum of a single board computer (SBC) maker in Korea begging them to not use DHL for their newly announced SBC because they charge the recipient US$20 extra to complete the delivery. I thought "I'm glad I don't live in that country" but it turns out that DHL is doing something very similar here.

Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:06 PM Reply

In this thread a staff member posts a link to an explanation of how to find old orders (it seems the site "upgrade" was really good at losing stuff):
    http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.1486605 

The staff member's post links to a single-post locked thread:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1486111 

And there's a link there to a DX Collection, which is a really long page of products DX wants to sell. Note that the text showing is different from the link.
    http://c.dx.com/collection/201812/20181205/html/en.html 

The Collection page has a whole bunch of thumbnail pics of products DX wants to sell, but before the product thumbnails is a bunch of lame excuses for the disaster which was the site "upgrade". Don't scroll too fast.

1Where to find my old orders?

There's nothing underneath the heading. Where to find the explanation for "Where to find my old orders"?

2How can I report an order issue?

In order to improve customer service, the new DX will no longer use service tickets. If you have any questions about the status, logistics, quality or any other issues regarding your orders, please click the “Contact Now” button above the order, and our customer service staff will reply as soon as possible.

Oh wow. And I thought killing the old forum was a big change.

3Why not support free shipping anymore?

In order to bring you a better shopping experience, we now separate the shipping fees from the product price, but in fact, you will not pay any more than old DX.

This sort of change is never to provide a better shopping experience. It's always strictly for the benefit of the seller only. In this case, charging separately for shipping is unpopular and over the last month would-be customers have expressed how much they hate it. It makes for a worse shopping experience, and they have announced they will be voting with their wallets.

As the website has just been upgraded, there may be some bugs or problems for a short time.

A short time, like... a month!?

Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 23, 2018 11:58 PM Reply

A short time, like... a month!?

No no no no. They meant a "DX" short time. DX short times are measured in years, not months. You of all people should know that, or was it a slip of the tongue typing fingers?  lol

Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, December 24, 2018 5:59 AM Reply

I was checking my points and clicked on the redeem points tab. I ended up on a new page, https://www.dx.com/redeem-points  . But that page tells me I'm not logged in - another example of a
    broken site - and just tells me to go somewhere else to log in.

I do not
    want to log in there because it doesn't work smoothly. Does the new
    page even work? IIRC it's just a list of items to spend points on, so
    not something I want to use.

But I tried reloading https://my.dx.com/Points/ReferralPoints  and it seems I'm not logged in there any more. I probably won't be able to post this.

Sure enough: "X Please login." (It uses a noun not a verb, I note.)

Oh DX, how you have fallen.

Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, December 24, 2018 6:01 AM Reply

The Gift Card Redeem page also kills my login. https://my.dx.com/Points/GiftCardRedeem redirects to a new page.

Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, December 24, 2018 8:01 AM Reply

About a week ago, I thiought about suggesting that you start a site bug thread about the updated  site, but I knew 

it would just be ignored by DX like the other one, so I didn't bother. 

Anyway, I guess I'll be changing my sig soon. It's kinda useless without discussions/product forums now. 

Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, December 24, 2018 8:11 AM Reply

Well, I'd LIKE to reply, but it seems I have to log in again...

... but I knew it would just be ignored by DX like the other one, so I didn't bother.

DX has a good track record of ignoring bug reports after site "upgrades".

Anyway, I guess I'll be changing my sig soon. It's kinda useless without discussions/product forums now.

Good point. The only posts now are complaining about the site not working and orders going missing.

Remembering 30 years.

Page 90 of 95
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere