Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Stupid things.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, December 30, 2018 6:49 AM Reply

I don't know what to make of this: http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1486742#1486799

We are already testing free shipping and will be online in early in January.

Does DX have any sort of business plan at all?

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, December 31, 2018 2:40 AM Reply

Does DX have any sort of business plan at all?

Did you really even need to ask?

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

• 0z0z0 Monday, January 7, 2019 11:25 AM Reply

G'day sheepish, nice to hear from you. Nah, my top line has looked like this for ages:

@janez33 We kind of got drawn into hjjacking your thread before you were finished with it, for which I apologise. I'll stop here and continue in an off topic thread.
                                                                                       ------------

Wow it looks like we have another one of those "disappearing threads"! I just finished the message above and went to post it in your thread Janez, only to find that it has been removed! I truelly apologise as it is probably their idea of punishing me for being too outspoken. If you didn't get time to send your reply to Alisa-Deng, just find any post she has made on the forum and use the PM text cloud after her name.

@sheepish
    It's hard to remember the dates or sequence of all the site stuff-ups but I haven't had "Hello ozOzo" on the top line for 2 or 3 months and I don't remember ever seeing it down lower where my Hello 0z0z0 is now. The log-in window was not working for me either but I have a shortcut icon on the desktop which opened "Latest Posts" and from there I was able to open all my account pages... until 2 days ago! now nothing opens in the ozOzo account so I guess they've closed that account.
    That's not so tragic, although sometimes I did like to browse back through my old orders, forum subscriptions, wishlist etc. but I doubt I'll get those back. I also had about 96 points in credit but that doesn't bother me either... I only ever used them for competition prizes anyway. If they'd like to give those back though, I've thought of a competition I could give them away on. Probably wouldn't work though, HappyVicky or Maye-Tao knew how to transfer points to the winners but it probably can't be done now!

Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, January 7, 2019 11:36 AM Reply

This thread? http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.1486869 

The "Hello sheepish" (or ozOzo) vanished when the first part of the site "upgrade" was implemented, so it's not too surprising that you can't see it now.

now nothing opens in the ozOzo account so I guess they've closed that account.

Have you tried deleting all your cookies? My firm opinion is that it's just another symptom of DX Cookie Incompetency. Until DX does some major fixes I'm pretty much just hanging out in the forum.

Remembering 30 years.

• 0z0z0 Monday, January 7, 2019 5:08 PM Reply

Yep, that thread! Thanks for the link, it had disappeared completely off my radar overnight. Even now it does not show up in "Latest Posts", only in the "General Discussions" listing and I was pretty sure I had looked there earlier but didn't find it. It could be my failing memory but I was sure threads used to remain in Latest Posts as long as they were being bumped, even after one week when they were tagged [last]. If they weren't bumped they'd eventually disappear off page 2 as new threads took over.

I'm so out of touch now though, through lack of interest, ever since I stopped receiving email notices. That btw is not a DX bug! I found out by accident that I do receive notices in my new (temporary) 0z0z0 email, therefore it must be something in my regular ozOzo email account that is blocking their arrival... Searched and searched but cant find it.    

Have you tried deleting all your cookies?

Yes, cleared cache and cookies several times but no joy. And I hate having to re-log-in to all my other accounts. in fact I think that's about when some of my other DX pages became inaccessible! One strange thing about the new 0z0z0 account is that although most pages open normally, I can’t get into “My Profile” and therefore not “my forum subscriptions”. Is that available to you?

Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by 0z0z0 on 1/10/2019 at 6:39 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, January 7, 2019 5:14 PM Reply

For a while now, older and/or longer threads have vanished from Latest Posts. I'm not sure if it's because of thread age or thread length. Either way is a silly reason to exclude them.

Yep, that thread! Thanks for the link, ...

Hm,déjà vu again.

I can’t get into “My Profile” and therefore not “my forum subscriptions”. Is that available to you?

I'm scared to check. If you don't hear from me for a while...

Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, January 7, 2019 5:35 PM Reply

Great, I have to type this again. Stupid New Forum Interface!

Yes, I did get logged out.

I managed to find it on http://club.dx.com/forums/accounts/MySubscribe.aspx and yes, I can see it, when I am logged in with my working (!) forum/orders login (http://passport.dx.com ).

Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, January 7, 2019 9:14 PM Reply

And I hate having to re-log-in to all my other accounts.

Are you not able to delete only the DX (or whatever site) cookies? I only learned about it about 2 months ago and it's easy (even for me) to do. At least with the Chrome browser it is. 

Ask them.

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, January 8, 2019 2:00 PM Reply

AHA! As of this morning, my ozOzo account is back… sort of. It is only the new site that looks like this:

… and when I click on ‘Hi ozOzo’ down near the search bar it opens My Account which lets me open My Orders but that page has no record of my orders, nor does the “Historical Orders” page. It just asks me to log-in again and then tells me that “The account or password is error.” In fact very few of the pages I link from there are much use. “My Points” says I have zero but last time I looked I had something like 96.32 plus 3.1 pending.

I can access the forum and post as ozOzo but it doesn’t remember I’m logged in and I have to type in the email address and password each time I go to the forum. I can open my wishlist and there are 5 pages one page has 5 items, one has none and the others have 2 or 4. I think what happened there is it deleted any that are no longer available. I had quite a few of those.  

Like you sheepish, I'm pretty much just hanging out in the forum. I don’t expect to live long enough for them to get it right, and certainly not long enough to learn their bizarre idea of logic!

GB- Yep, tried all that.  

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ozOzo on 1/8/2019 at 2:19 PM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, January 8, 2019 9:31 PM Reply

Just for the heck of it, try logging out on the home page and then logging in on the forum page. I'm still able to see my account and everything in it like I always did. Orders, points, wishlist, product requests, topic subscriptions, everything.

Ask them.

Page 91 of 95
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere