Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Stupid things.

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, January 9, 2019 5:28 AM Reply

Yes GB, soon after I posted the above, I accidentally fluked opening my Orders page with all the orders info I had before the upgrade stuff-up, and from there I was able to open my Points and some but not all other pages. I copied the URL for that site (https://my.dx.com/) and kept a shortcut icon of it on my desktop. Curiously, it opens not on the DX home page but in the working (full detail) My Orders page.

While I was on a roll, I tried my old desktop shortcut,(http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/forum.-1) which always opened directly into Latest Posts on the old site (and always kept logged in even if I switched off and re-booted.) Only an hour before, this shortcut was only opening the forum and for anything else it just kept asking me to log in and gave the error message when I tried! I can open most of the pages from there but not My Profile, but I can access My Points without going there.

It’s all just too hard, too time consuming and too uncertain to be bothered now but since I found my points, I may as well do that competition soon if I can get staff to cooperate. I was pretty close with my guess, I have 93.74 available and 3.07 pending so I may have to bum 3.19 from you GB just to make it even. 

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ozOzo on 1/9/2019 at 5:30 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, January 12, 2019 4:35 PM Reply

... lets me open My Orders but that page has no record of my orders, nor does the “Historical Orders” page.

I think the amount of time since the "upgrade" is now being counted in months.

I'm still able to see my account and everything in it like I always did.
    Orders, points, wishlist, product requests, topic subscriptions,
    everything.

How de you access it? If I use the links under the My Account pop-up menu at the top of the page some of them get redirected to the new site, which redirects to a login page, and I stop being able to post.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24952) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, January 12, 2019 10:13 PM Reply

How de you access it?

Howdy sheepish!  :)

Apparently DX have been busy little beavers since I said that. Previously, (as long as I logged in on the forum page) I just clicked on "My Account" above and the page came up like it always did, and worked normally too. 

Now, it looks normal, but some categories I click on send me to a login page (or show a pop up) before letting me see my choice. 

Speaking of stupid things, try accessing your reviews through your account vs clicking "Reviews" in one of your posts. Let me know if they're completely different and many of the "account" version have no text or thumbnails at all.

The thing is... does it really matter any more? DX is decomposing and nothing we do or say will change that. I've even lost most of my interest in trying to help customers in the forum now. What is there to say about a site that doesn't appear to have the least concern about its customers? (I got "its" right this time lol) 

Unless they have a huge turnaround, I highly doubt that I'll be buying anything here again. That should make them happy. They'll be able to keep the 13 points and $2.01 store credit I have. There's an idea! If you (or anyone else) have a use for the points and/or credit, let me know and I'll ask staff to transfer them to you.

Stupid %#&^@ site! I had to login again to post this, even though I just logged in to view my account. At least I remembered to copy it first.

edit -typo

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12573) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 1/12/2019 at 10:14 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:13 AM Reply

Howdy sheepish!  :)

Ugh! I've been Dvoraked. Again. A few years again I became friends with a Texan and ever since I've been saying "Howdy" to people when I meet them. They often reply with "Good".

but some categories I click on send me to a login page (or show a pop up) before letting me see my choice. 

"I bet just seeing that login page logs him out of the forum..."

Stupid ***** site! I had to login again to post this

LOL. Yep. I'm going to post this before checking my reviews.

I thought the typo you fixed was a quite appropriate description of the site now - a loogie being a mass of saliva and phlegm hocked up from the back of the throat and spat out (perhaps without thinking).

What do you now think of my predicted date of demise?

Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:29 AM Reply

My reviews look fine accessed through the link at the bottom of one of my posts.
    http://club.dx.com/reviews/u/sheepish 

In My Account the link is different. Will it log me out?
    https://my.dx.com/Community/MyReviews 

Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:31 AM Reply

The links in my Wish List now point to old.dx.com/... and then redirect to the new page/sku.

Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:20 AM Reply

Camping last week I was trying to use my DX video projector to show other campers what we had done during the day. Each time I tried to open an external hard drive to select a video file from, I pushed OFF instead of OK. I thought it was a power problem, so we kept adding more 12V batteries in parallel to power the inverter. It took a while before we eventually got to see anything.

Solar charging the biggest battery the next day (a 100 Ah deep cycle car battery) I wanted to check its state of charge, so I carefully turned my multimeter to the high current range then put the multimeter leads on the battery terminals. It killed the fuse instantly and silently. Why did I do that?

Edit - typo.

Remembering 30 years.

post edited by sheepish on 4/28/2019 at 6:51 AM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:06 AM Reply

Something struck me as odd when I first looked at that pic. As soon as I gave up and went back to my email page, I knew what it was. 

Look at the lion's paw. It looks very much like someone's hand would look wearing a tight fitting furry glove, if held at the same angle and partially closed like the pic. Even the knuckles look like human knuckles. 

Or maybe it's not really that odd and I never looked closely at lion paws.   

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12573) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:14 AM Reply

Hm, you have a point, but I think it's probably OK.

Giraffes, humans and mice have the same number of neck vertebrae.

Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:15 AM Reply

Remembering 30 years.

Page 92 of 95
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere