Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

I've died and gone to flashaholic heaven!

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:47 AM Reply
    I just saw the most miraculous flashlight on the planet. Copied and pasted from another site. vv

Ultrafire CREE XM-L T6 3600LM Zoomable LED Flashlight 2x18650

A SINGLE led, zoom light with BATTERIES INCLUDED. And you won't believe the price. $14.99. With FREE SHIPPING.

I really wish I could name the site, just so people know not to buy anything there

I thought I'd seen ridiculous exaggerations before, but that site takes lying to the ultimate and than some. :O
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 15, 2014 12:23 AM Reply
    AMAZing!
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 15, 2014 12:48 AM Reply
    LOL If you mean what I think you mean, then nope. I've never seen them lie THAT bad.

It's a Chinese site that I only checked once before, and left as soon as I saw similar lights rated at 2200lm. The only reason I checked again is because their ads keep popping up on my screen and I couldn't resist a peek at this technological breakthrough.

Cree must have been keeping it a secret. ;)
    Ask them.

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:42 AM Reply
    They were the first hit on google. And they also claimed 3600LM! I guess they don't police their suppliers as much as they used to.
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:52 AM Reply
    The worst I ever saw there was 2200 lm.

I guess they're trying to keep up with the Jones'es. If you can't beat 'em, out-lie 'em. lol
    Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:35 AM Reply
    If you can't beat 'em, out-lie 'em.

Apparently so. I know it happens but when they lie that blatantly it's still a little shocking. They even state the LED is a T6 bin. But it has two battery adapters included, not two batteries. They just allow the use of 18650s instead of 26650s.

I think it emphasises what a good job Janmee and his department do weeding out the fraudulent claims for the torches on DX.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:46 AM Reply
    I think it emphasises what a good job Janmee and his department do weeding out the fraudulent claims for the torches on DX.

+1
    Ask them.

«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere