Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

what 18650 battery and charger is the best plz ?

• herbeapuce Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:30 AM Reply
    Hi
    it's been a while I have bought some 18650 protected here.....
    just wondering nowadays what is the best make/model of 18650 and the best charger also, that are being sold here.
    a quick explanation ( read why ) would be great
    thanks in advance
    stef
    Posts(49) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, June 28, 2014 1:09 PM Reply
    I am not a battery expert but I listen to the experts and most of them seem to agree that Panasonic 3400mAh SKU: 185509 are one of the best if you’re prepared to pay that much.

I’ve had very satisfactory service so far (6 months) from a pair of Lustefire SKU: 240469 but if I was buying more today, I’d go for the Sanyo 2600’s, SKU: 121447. A reliable customer’s test results can be found here:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1377399?page=1

The charger that was recommended to me is the Nitecore Universal Intelligent 4-Slot SKU: 156756 and I’m glad I got it. It automatically identifies the type of cell and voltage and you can even charge Li-Po’s and NiMh at the same time. The 2-cell equivalent is about $6 cheaper.
    Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• herbeapuce Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:44 PM Reply
    Thank you for your help ozOzo !
    others are welcome as well.

stef
    Posts(49) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:24 PM Reply
    I agree with ozOzo's choices, but I'm not an expert either. The Sanyo batteries he mentioned are probably the best value for that price range. If you need your batteries to last as long as possible before needing a recharge, than go with the Panasonics. I definitely wouldn't recommend most cells with "fire" in the name, (especially not Ultrafire) but the Lustefires he mentioned are rebranded Samsungs which are decent cells.

I've had the Nitecore I4 charger for well over a year and recharged a LOT of batteries without a problem.

Nitecore just brought out an improved model which has a digital screen that shows charging info, but DX doesn't have it yet. Its available elsewhere, but you can make a product request if you're interested, and would rather buy it here.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 6/28/2014 at 10:35 PM
«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere