Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Shipping to Philippines PO Box or c/o?

• ExpatInPhils Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:24 PM Reply
    I am an American living in the Philippines and I want to know if you will ship an SJ4000 to either my PO BOx here or c/o a local hotel. My rental home here has no exact address and it's better to just pick it up a the post office than have it in the mailman's hands sometimes... I'll have to pick it up at the PO whether it's at the hotel or PO Box.

I have a US credit card

EMS shipping in preferred, I've read that I'd probably get an option to choose EMS during check out, but I thought I'd ask here

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to making the order
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ExpatInPhils on 10/28/2014 at 2:20 PM
  • matrix-neo Moderator Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:31 PM Reply
    since the item will be sent by tracked shipping you need a full address, not a c/o address, and if your CC is drawn on a US bank and you intend to use Paypal don't change address in Paypal, instead make any change like the shipping address in your DX account
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, October 28, 2014 11:35 PM Reply
    You also might want to think twice about EMS shipping. It's very common for things to be out of stock and not get shipped for a week or 2. Sometimes even longer.

MVP items have a better chance for fast shipping, but they also can go out of stock.

Just a word of warning.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

• ExpatInPhils Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:05 AM Reply
    My paypal is US also, and I cannot have items sent to an address outside the US if I pay thru Paypal; but I can just use my credit card.
    If you are saying I'd need a complete address including numbers, they really don't do that routinely here. Not for the house I am renting, nor even for the hotel that I'd send it to. It'd just look like this:

My Name
    c/o Bethel Guest House
    Dumaguete City, Philippines

Would that be acceptable? I could add the street, Rizal Blvd, but there's no numbers
    (www.bethelguesthouse.com)

Shipments coming in via EMS do not incur a duty charge. It'd cost about $1.25 when I pick it up at the post office. Where UPS/FedEx shipments always get hit hard by customs and delivery fees etc
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere