Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Gift card binding?

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:47 AM Reply
    What in the world is gift card binding?

Clicked on Gift Card in my account and got this. vv

You can input a Gift Card from unknown others here to bind with your DX account, which will become the Gift Card for only you. Meanwhile you can input the Gift Card from your friends or from DX forum.

What does "input a Gift Card from unknown others" mean? How does one get a gift card from unknown others? Is it possible to get a gift card from a secret admirer?How would I know if I got one? I didn't even know DX has gift cards. Should I change my sig to: "Gift card tips only. No points please".? lol

edit - And speaking of Hakan_G, is he still here? :D
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 5/28/2015 at 6:50 AM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 31, 2015 8:25 PM Reply
    Okay, thanks for the explanations. That's good to know.

LMAO
    Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 1, 2015 12:42 PM Reply
    My, aren't we impatient this week. It means it can only be used by you because it's tied to your account. You can use your points to get little discount coupons.

PS. Feel free to give me a gift card anonymously. I won't mind at all.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 1, 2015 9:02 PM Reply
    My, aren't we impatient this week.

I'm still cranky about breaking one of my favorite flashlights. :p

It means it can only be used by you because it's tied to your account. PS. Feel free to give me a gift card anonymously. I won't mind at all.

That's the part that befuddles me. How can I give someone a gift card (anonymously or not) if it can only be used by me? Obviously the reverse must also be true.

Even more importantly, why does the word "befuddled" exist since it means the same thing as fuddled? :)

Ask them.

• matrix-neo Moderator Tuesday, June 2, 2015 11:16 AM Reply
    why does the word "befuddled" exist since it means the same thing as fuddled?
    maybe for similar reasons like flammable and inflammable also mean the same thing!
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, June 2, 2015 11:24 AM Reply
    I much prefer "flammable". http://chemistry.about.com/od/firecombustionchemistry/f/What-Is-The-Difference-Between-Flammable-And-Inflammable.htm

WT... I'm told I have to log in. In the 5 seconds I took to type and paste the above!
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Tuesday, June 2, 2015 11:39 AM Reply
    don't worry, i sometimes get logged out a few seconds before i press send!
    and i also prefer flammable, the "IN" prefix usually means negative but for some reason is exempt in this case, some say it's to avoid confusion but i think it just complicates the subject.
    and you can add nonflammable to the list of words that mean the same thing as flammable/inflammable, gasbag won't like this one bit....
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere