Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

UniqueFire G10 tail cap

• tcorn Wednesday, August 3, 2016 5:33 AM Reply

I have a uniguefire g10 light that I believe needs to have the tail cap or the on/off button replaced. Does anyone know what part or parts I need and where to get them for this light? Or am I better off to judt buy a new one?

Thank you.

Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:17 AM Reply

Are you sure the problem is the switch? Sometimes they just need tightening. Also, the pill/driver (in the head of the flashlight) may also be loose. Have you tried tightening them?

To tighten the switch or pill, you'll need pointy tweezers or needle-nosed pliers. They both have 2 dimples/holes that can be tightened or loosened with the tips of either tool. The head of the light unscrews from the battery tube, just like the tailcap, so you can reach the pill/driver easier. 

You can do a test to check if it's the switch by touching the neg end of the battery to the end/rim of the battery tube with something metal. Tweezers, paper clip etc. If it works then, the switch is either loose or needs replacing.

Btw, I also have a G10 and after using a 14500 Li-ion battery in it for a while, it no longer works with a standard AA battery. I guess that was a fairly common problem. Thought I'd mention that in case you did the same. 

edit - You can also check this thread for help. vv

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.801016

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12562) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 8/3/2016 at 6:25 AM
  • tcorn Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:48 AM Reply

Thank you for the info. I did try tightening both ends. It is weird on what happens. I use only 1450 batteries and if I tighten the end cap too tight, the light wont work, but  if I unscrew it just a litthe the light works. I have 2 G10's so I took the end cap off my regularly used light and put it on my other one and it works. I can take the cap that I'm thinking is bad and put it on my regular light and I have the same problem as before. That is why I thought it is the switch is bad. I have looked at the solder spots and everything seems good to me there to. 

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, August 4, 2016 4:02 AM Reply

I'm out of ideas, but maybe @sheepish or @desolder might have some. 

Ask them.

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, August 4, 2016 7:52 AM Reply

They both have 2 dimples/holes that can be tightened or loosened with the tips of either tool.

Whenever this happens to me, tightening this threaded retention bezel / washer / whatchamcallit usually fixes the problem. Have you completely disassembled the switch down to the individual parts and cleaned the circuit board? The circular contact around the edge of the switch board may just need some cleaning.

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7071) | Reviews | Tip post

• tcorn Friday, August 5, 2016 3:46 AM Reply

I did try tightening them both and cleaning the switch. I was able to mess around with them at work today and now I believe the problem is in the head. I took the "bad" tailcap and used it on my g10 at work and never had an issue with it. I took the "good" tailcap and put it on my other g10 and it wouldn't light, and I made sure at first to use the same battery, then I switched to a newly charger one and it still wouldn't light. But I can unscrew the tailcap some and the light will come on. I just have to keep it steady.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, August 5, 2016 4:12 AM Reply

I've had a few lights that only worked reliably when everything was really tight, but never had one that needed a loose tailcap to operate. I don't know what could cause that, sorry. 

edit - typo

Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 8/5/2016 at 4:44 AM
«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere