DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

no phone number? No longer welcome as a customer?

• tessa Friday, September 29, 2017 9:03 AM Reply

I wondered why my last item from my order from sept 6 had not been shipped after 3 weeks.

From a total of 4 items in this order I received 3 items and the last item will not be sent.

This morning I was informed by a DX staff member why this is happening: my phone number was not correct. 

I got 2 options: give my correct phone number or DX will give a refund for the last item in my order.

In fact this staff member is right. I typed my phone number as 0000000000 as I don't have a phone because of my handicap. I did have a data-only phone and used it to send text messages but hey we now have the internet to take care of that and I don't miss the monthly bills either.

(and please don't reply your well meant advise about this. I don't need a voice phone. My choice. Period.)

I am a long time DX customer and never had any trouble with ordering. Even this last order was handled properly. 3 out of 4 items from 1 order were sent out and received by me. That has now changed and the fourth item will not be send because I don't have a phone. I'm not amused.

Again: to all readers: Please let a DX staff member give a reply about this. Don't give your personal opinion about why I should buy a phone with a voice option, That won't solve my problem.

To DX staff: why is this new attitude? Do you have a new postal service that require customers to have a phone? If so; use another service!

I'm sorry to leave as a long time DX customer. I do NOT have this problem with the other numerous Ali* websites. Will the problem be solved by filling in a fake phone number? I will if you want me to. No problem.

I hate to end this many year relationship. We can still be friends. Right? 

Posts(14) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by tessa on 9/29/2017 at 9:07 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, September 29, 2017 9:32 AM Reply

Lots of loud voice there.

Again: to all readers: Please let a DX staff member give a reply
    about this. Don't give your personal opinion about why I should buy a
    phone with a voice option, That won't solve my problem.

If you wanted to avoid that risk you should have opened a ticket, not posted in the customer forum.

My typed opinion: I hope DX doesn't pick on disabled people deliberately. I know deaf people don't tend to have voice phone numbers, but email works great for them (such as one lady I knew who worked in customer support). DX is probably just concerned that the phone number is incorrect (like we get concerned when product specifications are incorrect). I think @Maye_Tao will be along shortly to sort things out.

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(23668) | Reviews | Tip post

• Maye_Tao @DX Staff @DX Staff Friday, September 29, 2017 10:49 AM Reply

Hello @tessa

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

916+ products need to be shipped via different shipping methods with correct phone number. If you don't have one, you can try other digital PH meter testers with normal sku numbers, such as sku.450258. Thanks.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(4216) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:06 AM Reply

Does DX use shipping services that discriminate against disabled people?

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(23668) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere