Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

My DX.com account was deleted

• ngnht Friday, November 23, 2018 11:12 PM Reply

Hello, my 7-day old account has been somehow deleted.
    I ordered an item for 40$ and it got to the Shipment Processing stage. I was checking the site for an update every single day, and today I found out that my account was deleted. I still have some screenshots I made during the wait, just in case, and it turned out it was a good idea to do so.
    Since I have always had an open tab in browser for DX, I was hoping to capture the proof of my account existing, but no luck.
    So I recorded a video of my checking and capturing all the evidence I had: screenshots, browsing history, order number, etc.
    I even have a screenshot of one of my messages when I was trying to contact the seller.

I hope to have either my account recovered or get a refund.

Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ngnht on 11/24/2018 at 3:40 PM
  • ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, November 24, 2018 5:23 AM Reply

To begin with, for your own privacy and security, it is very unwise to display personal details such as your email address, your name, address etc. on a public forum. I suggest you remove the video and screen shots immediately, using the pencil icon at bottom right of your post. You can communicate them directly to DX in a personal customer service ticket if/when necessary.

Not being able to locate your order does not mean your account has been deleted, in fact DX cannot or does not delete accounts. Try this:

At top of the home page, click on "Log in". You will need to enter the same email address and password you used to open the original account. If it opens, click on- My Account -> My Orders, then click on the Order Number. If it does not open, it will almost certainly be because of a typo you made when you opened the account.

If the email address is correct, use the "Forgot my password" procedure to make a new password. If this does not work, post back here and I will send a message to a staff member to ask for assistance.

You have not lost your money and although the service is very slow nowadays, the order will proceed as normal whether you can view the tracking information or not.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ozOzo on 11/24/2018 at 5:26 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, November 24, 2018 10:02 AM Reply

Not being able to locate your order does not mean your account has been
    deleted, in fact DX cannot or does not delete accounts.

Indeed. People have been trying to get DX to delete accounts for years. DX does not delete accounts.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24957) | Reviews | Tip post

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Saturday, November 24, 2018 2:06 PM Reply

Hello @ngnht

Could you please tell us the order number.

Posts(1078) | Reviews | Tip post

• ngnht Saturday, November 24, 2018 2:47 PM Reply

Hello, @Alisa-Deng

Thank you for the reply.

My order number is 181116100199798170

• ngnht Saturday, November 24, 2018 3:05 PM Reply

Hello, @ozOzo

The thing is, whenever I tried to do anything involving my e-mail, such as logging in, "I forgot my password" function, tracking an order, or submitting a ticket, it simply did not work because it showed that my e-mail address did not exist in the system.

While possible during manual log-in, it's not a typo, because my browser remembers my login information. It's what I've been relying on the past week.

I don't have many e-mails, so it's easy to remember this one. So even if it was a typo on my part, I wouldn't have troubles logging into the system.

It simply states that my e-mail doesn't exist, I wouldn't have gone to such ridiculous lengths as recording a video otherwise.

In the end, I tried to log in via Facebook, but it still needs an e-mail to complete the procedure, instead of using another one, I just thought: "to hell with it!" and went with the previous one.

So this account is using the same e-mail as the previous one, the name is different, and it went through the verification process all over again.

• ngnht Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:22 PM Reply

Hello, @Alisa-Deng

Are there any updates regarding my issue?

I wish to submit a ticket, but my issue falls under several categories, and as I can't learn about the state of my order, I don't know what ticket to submit.

Important: I checked my e-mails once again and found out that when I first registered at DX.com on November 16th 2018, I didn't receive a confirmation message after e-mail verification.
    I did find that suspicious but soon forgot.

When I registered my e-mail the second time on November 23rd 2018, I received both of  those messages.
    Even though I'm pretty sure I followed the verification link the first time.

Could this be the core of my issue?
    If that's the case, what happens to my order and my money?

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, November 26, 2018 3:35 PM Reply

@ngnht, Have some patience! There is nothing for you to be concerned about at this stage. DX usually don’t work weekends however, as @Alisa-Deng responded on Saturday and has not posted on the forum today, She probably has today off. You have given her your Order #, give her some time to find the account if indeed you have one.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, November 26, 2018 3:38 PM Reply

When I registered my e-mail the second time

A different email address? Or did you try using the same email address again?

PS. Oz, I thought I hadn't got an email notification for your latest post but I just happened to find this thread before it arrived.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24957) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by sheepish on 11/26/2018 at 3:42 PM
  • ngnht Monday, November 26, 2018 4:31 PM Reply

@ sheepish

I used the same e-mail again. Basically, one and the same e-mail was registered twice.

post edited by ngnht on 11/26/2018 at 4:31 PM
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere