Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Electronics)
Electronics

Need heavy-duty in-ear headphones

• snailmail Monday, December 3, 2018 1:57 AM Reply

Hi all,

I have tried a number of DX in-ear headphones now, and I have to say, unfortunately, none of them survived for longer than 2-3 months (in some cases more like 2-3 weeks). While I really don't think I mistreat them that bad, they always fail in the same place: The cable breaks right at the 3.5mm jack. All I do is clip the player to my jeans pocket, then thread the cable under my shirt up to my ears. And oh yeah, I do roll / coil / wind the cable up around the player when not in use - but that's just the only practical way for storage, when travelling and stuff. After broken pair # 6 or 7, I'm not pretty pissed about the quality of these cables / Jacks, but apparently I need someting with a big, fat, heavy, thick cable (not that flimsy micro stuff every manufacturer uses these days, perhaps following the guidelines of planned obsolescence)

Can anybody recommend a pair of in-ear headphones, for my mp3 player (sansa clip zip original, just the best player hands down, especially when upgraded to RockBox), which has really thick, heavy-duty cable and jack? Really need to be in-ear though, I hate these huge, heavy micky mouse things...

Posts(15) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Electronics)
Electronics

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere