Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

Delete account

• Brewy Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:39 AM Reply

Why is it just impossible to delete an account and to stop DX from spamming you with emails?

S.T.O.P please - I don't want to buy from DX again...

Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:20 AM Reply

That has been the most discussed subject on the forum for many years, most recently here:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.1486869   

If you skip through to the top post on page 4 of that thread, Alisa-Deng says that accounts can now be cancelled and provides a link to request it. This would of course prevent you from accessing the account, but I have not yet seen any guarantee that your IP address and other personal details would be deleted from their data bank or for that matter, that the spam would stop but I’m sure DX would welcome your enquiry.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ozOzo on 1/22/2019 at 9:23 AM
  • Brewy Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:13 AM Reply

Hi oz!

Thanks - but as others already replied the links dosnt work.  I'll try a reply in the thread though - maybe that will help. ;)

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:01 AM Reply

I have not yet seen any guarantee that your IP address and other personal details would be deleted from their data bank

There are probably tax requirements that mean they cannot just delete that sort of information from DX's databases. Hence, what "deleting an account" actually means is unclear. Would all forum posts also be deleted?

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Tuesday, February 26, 2019 5:52 PM Reply

Hi @Brewy

Because your accouynt was registered on the old station, so we are sorry to tell you that we can't help you delete your account, please accept our apology. But we have help you unsubscribe the emails.

Posts(1062) | Reviews | Tip post

• Brewy Friday, March 1, 2019 12:51 AM Reply

That would be nice... please delete the email entirely from your system... Today I also got the "Your $3 gift card is arriving" mail... and Im not interested.

Thanks in advance

• Alisa-Deng @DX Staff @DX Staff Thursday, March 7, 2019 4:32 PM Reply

@Brewy

Please check your mail box until next weekend.

Posts(1062) | Reviews | Tip post

• LuanAzevedo Tuesday, March 26, 2019 10:05 PM Reply

I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT TOO! 

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• kagehoshi Sunday, May 12, 2019 1:03 PM Reply

I also request my account and all personal information to be deleted. I am retracting consent to the handling of my personal data and my agreement to the terms of service. Failure to comply leaves you in violation of several laws conerning personal data handling.

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:06 PM Reply

Failure to comply leaves you in violation of several laws con[c]erning personal data handling.

Would that be... Chinese laws? Does China have privacy laws?

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere