• Nishant123 Thursday, July 25, 2019 2:32 AM Reply

Hello,

Its been a long time.

How is everyone and dx?

Real eyes realise real lies.
    Posts(837) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:24 PM Reply

Hi Nishant 123. :)

Welcome to the new (and completely disgusting) dx. Hard to believe what they've done to what  once was an excellent site. I've even asked staff to remove my top 10 badge (twice) because I don't want customers to think I'm connected in any way to dx, but like most other customers now, I was totally ignored. They've become very good at ignoring people. New threads from customers aren't answered, yet they reply to threads that have been inactive for years. 

I may be the last of the forum regulars that's still bothering with the forums. Even sheepish seems to have given up on this site. Don't know if the mods are still here or not. 

Anyways, it's good to hear from you and I hope everything is well with you.   

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12566) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, July 26, 2019 1:34 AM Reply

I still drop in from time to time. Hello Nishant123! Hello gasbag11!

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, July 26, 2019 2:09 AM Reply

Hey desolder. :)

Well, at least we still get email notifications from forum replies. What a shame that that's one of the only good things left to talk about on this site now.

Ask them.

• Nishant123 Saturday, July 27, 2019 2:42 AM Reply

Hello to both of you,

Yup everythings good and hope is the same at your end ,had some store credit with dx which I had completely forgotten,just checked in to see and it still is there ,

So have the shipping times or they still the same?

Real eyes realise real lies.
    Posts(837) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, July 27, 2019 2:55 AM Reply

My last order was a month ago, and I received it a week ago. 3 weeks is about normal for DX during the non-holiday times.

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, July 27, 2019 3:22 AM Reply

According to staff, your store credit can only be used for full payment of an order, not partial payments. In other words, they've found a way to cheat you out of your own money.

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1488288 

I stopped ordering from here probably about 2 years ago, partly because I lost most of my interest in flashlights, and partly because I lost trust in dx for many reasons.

On a positive note, I was weening out some of my old, outdated lights, and found a box of "gadget" lights from when I first started ordering from here in early 2012. (you can see some of them if you click on "reviews" in my post, if you're interested) Belive it or not, aside from one that looks like a frog, (dead batteries) every one of them still works. With the original batteries. 

Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, July 27, 2019 1:23 PM Reply

Poop. I lost my post because I logged in to respond to gasbag11's post above, then while typing the post tried to find out some details about an order I placed to use my store credit, and of course the DX site (being the stinking turd that it is) logged me out. And the forum login window is incompatible with my browser remembering the login details, so I copied my password over the top of the copied post...

Yeah, I've given up on the DX site ever being fixed.

Even sheepish seems to have given up on this site.

Actually I gave up on the DX site a long while ago. I haven't posted recently because DX changed the login method, in the process breaking the handy links at the top of the page in the login bar (the My Account menu).

The order I placed to use my store credit was for an MVP item 1 cent less than the amount of my store credit. I did not get an order confirmation email. It took 2 days to ship (not <24 hours). I was surprised that it "only" took 26 days from ordering to arrive.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, July 27, 2019 1:28 PM Reply

Before that order I hadn't ordered from DX for a whole year - a very inexpensive item I hadn't seen anywhere else.

"Please login".

Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, July 27, 2019 1:28 PM Reply

@ozOzo this is the thread to be.

Remembering 30 years.

Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere