Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Requests)
Product Requests

ButterFly Knives

• XxCH3AT3RxX Sunday, December 16, 2007 9:34 PM Reply
    Would like to see some high quality butteryfly knifes with an edge(sharp) on each side of the blade, not just one.

http://www.gungfu.com/pics-general/pics-knives/knives-asian-knives-butterfly-balisong-a-stylish.jpg
    img src: http://www.gungfu.com/pics-general/pics-knives/knives-asian-knives-butterfly-balisong-a-stylish.jpg

Posts(40) | Reviews | Tip post

• vt_calais Sunday, December 16, 2007 11:37 PM Reply
    Yessssss PLZ

i bought one of the old once they used to have

wasnt to bad

but damn i like those
    Posts(98) | Reviews | Tip post

• tripppp Monday, December 17, 2007 4:47 AM Reply
    Butterfly (and spring loaded) knives are illegal to import and sell in Sweden. I believe it's the same in most of the European Union.
    Unofficial DX PILE MASTER!
    http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-208~threadid.135410
    Posts(1780) | Reviews | Tip post

• Mobile777 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, December 17, 2007 9:01 AM Reply
    Yep. This is another type popular among criminals (aka "self-defense" knife).

They sold them once and stopped, probably because of the import issues that tripppp mentioned, or maybe because its purpose is questionable. I Really don't know.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    - - - - - - - - -

• jaywjayw Monday, December 17, 2007 10:08 AM Reply
    Lol...Dangit. I was looking forward to some...T_T Maybe DX could make a special section...And fake label everything again...Hahahaha..
    Posts(548) | Reviews | Tip post

• Excellence Monday, December 17, 2007 10:42 AM Reply
    First off the butterfly knives you have listed there are not high quality at all. I have one which is made in the USA for $200 by Benchmade. Bm-42.
    These ones you have listed in the picture are pretty crappy but still serve as a good flipper, if you want something real nice, get the BM-42 for $199.

But anyways, DX has stopped selling Butterfly knives due to their supplier in China respecting custom laws around the world. They will not ship out and will not pass through X-ray scanners.

Posts(269) | Reviews | Tip post

• Excellence Monday, December 17, 2007 10:46 AM Reply
    Lastly, I don't even see the purpose in having a butterfly knife. It is so illegal you can't do anything with it.
    In Canada if your caught with one you can serve 5 years in jail just for having it in your pocket. It will be considered a prohibited weapon.
    Posts(269) | Reviews | Tip post

• Vigwear Monday, December 17, 2007 3:26 PM Reply
    I think it’s legal in Spain, Italy and some other countries.

You are not allowed to import or sale this in Sweden but you can own one if you are 21 or older.
    And no, you don’t get in to prison if you care on in public here. It’s more like they take it from you and chare you for caring a knife in public = fine.

The butterfly is useless to almost everything. If I was going to hurt someone should a butterfly be my last choice.

It’s no problem to import these. I have done it several times and the custom has never taken it.

So pleas DX, take this back.
    Posts(17) | Reviews | Tip post

• NoSol Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:31 AM Reply
    It´s legal in most countries so why not sell then? If it´s illegal in your country don´t buy it. Plus any other knife can be used to harm someone, not only butterfly knifes. As a martial arts professor I say that butterfly knifes are way less dangerous then other knifes sold here, there´s even a kerambit and a push dagger for sale, typical assassination knifes. I think DX should put then back on sale and let people from countries that allow those knifes to buy then.
    Posts(23) | Reviews | Tip post

• Mobile777 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:53 AM Reply
    @NoSol
    What uses does it have besides assaulting people? The reason it's banned in many countries is because it's concealed and you can open it using gravity within a second.

Using other knives (incl. karambit) you have to put some effort which isn't adequate for a quick assault. That's why the butterfly is far more dangerous.

Out of curiosity, for what purpose do you want to buy it?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    - - - - - - - - -

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Requests)
Product Requests

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere