Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

List of ASSISTED knives!

• gregwalton Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:18 PM Reply
    I bought two sku.33987 knives: one was assisted, one wasn't. I took them apart a few days ago and the unassisted one was exactly the same but missing the spring bar in the liner opposite the locking liner. I've no idea whether that was intentional or not.
    Posts(270) | Reviews | Tip post

• schild Saturday, December 4, 2010 12:27 PM Reply
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/ sku.47577

I have it. It IS spring assisted. The weight is 203g. I weighed it on my kitchen scale. But it feels really heavy. You could use it to drive nails in a wall.
    The sharp part of the blade is 8cm long in a straight line. I did not measure the curve.
    Illegal to carry in public in Germany.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

mod edited (LAL) on 12/14/2010 at 6:14 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:42 PM Reply
    I have to say I think Nagasami asked a good question (page 3). The subject says "List of ASSISTED knives!" but the OP says "Here are some knives that are automatic" - thereby creating unnecessary confusion. They are two different things. Automatic knives are illegal in many places where assisted knives are OK.

I don't think this thread is for both types, but if so the posts aren't making clear which type they are. We should have a high standard for stickies; the issue needs to be clarified.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• TheDudeWins Friday, December 10, 2010 6:21 AM Reply
    I pointed that out for that reason. I also don't believe that there are ANY fully automatic knives here on DX. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    -
    The Dude

EDIT:

I forgot about that one knife sku.34680 . Assisted and automatic are two different things, but the difference has been clarified to prevent confusion. Since it's clearly stated that this might just be an automatic knife and not just assisted, i don't see anything wrong with that.
    -
    The Dude
    Posts(62) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by TheDudeWins on 12/10/2010 at 6:28 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, December 10, 2010 4:34 PM Reply
    The difference in the OP has not yet been clarified.

FWIW sku.6795 is an automatic knife, which makes it illegal in Australia and many other countries. It is also double edged which alone makes it illegal in many places. It's also sold out (don't know if that's good or bad).
    Remembering 30 years.

• TheDudeWins Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:53 AM Reply
    It has been in other threads, it's not what this thread is about, and ffs let's stop arguing about pointless crap and stay on topic.
    -
    The Dude
    Posts(62) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:02 AM Reply
    But that is the point! Your own OP is talking crap because you (inadvertently?) confused the two types! Just sort it out. Simple.
    Remembering 30 years.

• zacius Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:25 PM Reply
    Anyone know if this knife is assisted opening?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.48328
    Posts(28) | Reviews | Tip post

• jor623 Monday, February 21, 2011 8:42 AM Reply
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• prateek4 Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:02 AM Reply
    I think I found one more. I know the rule .. but its new .. no body has got it yet.
    but there is a but..
    A spring is clearly visible in the pic.. have a look sku.53123

@sheepish
    I tends to agree with your views, there should be segregation but then it goes into why and why not.

@TheDudeWins
    thanks for the thread. really appreciate it.
    Posts(359) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by prateek4 on 2/26/2011 at 5:04 AM
Page 5 of 7
Go to Page:
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere