Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

Need a bit of guidance..

• chopperfs Saturday, July 17, 2010 10:20 AM Reply
    Hello, a bit stuck with which knife to choose... just for basic use - camping etc so i would like it to be quite small and light weight (but with reasonable build quality)

I have looked at these so far:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32573
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32585
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9199

Any comments and suggestions are welcomed !!

Thanks
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Saturday, July 17, 2010 11:42 AM Reply
    i would reccomend this one. sku.32577

as with any knife, make sure all the screws are tight before using it extensively.

in a camping situation, a serrated blade can be a life saver.

this looks like a good one for all around utility. sku.32572

Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

• gregwalton Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:21 AM Reply
    flashin's recommendations look good.

Personally I carry sku.18254 in my hiking gear because of the combination blade (with serrations) and the fact that it's carbon steel and holds an edge a bit longer. Might be a bit heavier than you'd like but it's more comfortable to hold than it looks.

I might also recommend, because of the carbon steel, sku.18256 which is a lot lighter and very comfortable. No serrations, tho'.
    Posts(270) | Reviews | Tip post

• cantstopshopper Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:40 PM Reply
    Any of the choices offer except sku#9199
    that knife will let you down- lots of issues with this knife, most notably the liner doesn't set well on most of 'em.

I have all the other knives listed in this post so far and they are all waaay better than 9199.
    Posts(112) | Reviews | Tip post

• Duster Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:41 PM Reply
    sku.32577 is a very nice solid knife. But not what I'd call "small". Sturdy but heavy.

sku.9199 is a top seller with great reviews. Not the smallest knife out there but not that big.

sku.18252 is the sexiest knife @ DX, period! Very sharp but not the smallest. So cute you won't want to use it! ;)

sku.1757 is my choice as a small EDC knife. Sharp, small and light. Not the strongest knife around though.

It all depends on your needs and expectations.
    Posts(1069) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Thursday, September 2, 2010 10:35 AM Reply
    i have the other version of sku.32585 [sku.30870]

they are very well built and heavier than expected.
    the scales are painted stainless steel and not aluminum.

ignoring the "benchmade" logo printed on it, it's among some of the nicer made knives on dx.

sku.32586 is a pretty nice knife too.

!!!!!ADDICTION WARNING!!!!!

my advice is to just buy what you like... and do it before they're sold out.
    you never know when your favorite will GONE!
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere