Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Knives)
Knives

Ordering from Canada

• adsberger Friday, August 20, 2010 9:03 AM Reply
    Does anyone know if its Legal to order a couple of knives from DealExtreme and have it sent to Ontario, Canada.

The Knives I am planning to order is

sku.18256

sku.32577

sku.18259
    Posts(20) | Reviews | Tip post

• shawndc Friday, August 20, 2010 9:35 AM Reply
    I concur with Webmaestro.

For the following reasons:
    - The knifes are not spring loaded
    - The G8 summit is over

You will likely have nothing to worry about.
    Posts(104) | Reviews | Tip post

• othar Friday, August 20, 2010 10:56 AM Reply
    it seems that the only knifes that you can't import in canada is knifes spring loaded and the one that are hidden (like in a buckle) ...
    Posts(52) | Reviews | Tip post

• flashin Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:09 PM Reply
    the knives you listed are NOT spring assisted, so if what the others say is true, you should be ok even if customs does check them.
    Howdy from Ohio!

(john 3:15-18)
    Posts(8054) | Reviews | Tip post

• acidica Saturday, August 21, 2010 6:09 PM Reply
    Also no butterfly knive allowed. Not a big deal, but I ordered one and it took more than a month for my package to arrive because they kept it, probably to punish me of buying one :)
    Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why
    it’s called the present.
    Posts(3054) | Reviews | Tip post

• cantstopshopper Friday, August 27, 2010 6:34 PM Reply
    I live in Ontario and have 25 knives from DX, some are assisted.
    Posts(112) | Reviews | Tip post

• serratus Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:32 PM Reply
    One of my orders with this sku.35062 knife in it is being held at customs. Anyone know why that is? It's a spring assisted knife but still requires you to manually pull it out. It's not a push button spring loaded knife. I thought sping assisted knives were legal in Canada as long as there is not push button release on the handle and the knife won't open from gravity by holding it in certain position.
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

• cantstopshopper Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:47 PM Reply
    there are rules/laws but I've read them and the pshot is this:

customs can choose to hold anything- and they can keep whatever they want- seriously. Whatever everyone says or doesn't say, the fact is it's up to them...
    As for what's legal in a knife it's going to be their discretion whether they'll allow it...
    Posts(112) | Reviews | Tip post

• serratus Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:32 PM Reply
    If customs do choose to hold the knife in the order, do they hold everything else in the package as well? I have $50 of other things in there like mouse pads and goggles.

Also, if they choose to hold anything, do they notify you? or will you just never know?
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

• gregwalton Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:35 AM Reply
    In the UK f they hold an item they will hold the whole shipment; if they confiscate an item they confiscate the whole shipment. I'd be surprised if Canada are different - why should they take the trouble forward on the rest of your stuff if you're a criminal trying to import illegal knives?
    Posts(270) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
Knives

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere